বুধবার, ১৯ জুন ২০২৪, ১২:০৮ পূর্বাহ্ন




Govt okays import of 1.8 lakh tonnes fertiliser

আউটলুকবাংলা রিপোর্ট
  • প্রকাশের সময় : বুধবার, ১৬ নভেম্বর, ২০২২ ৩:০৬ pm
fertiliser Ministry of Land জমি জরিপ ভূমি মন্ত্রণালয়Urea ইউরিয়া সার Urea Fertilizer ইউরিয়া ফার্টিলাইজার সার Urea Fertilizer ইউরিয়া ফার্টিলাইজার সার
file pic

The Cabinet Committee on Government Purchase (CCGP) on Wednesday approved a number of proposals including the import of a total of 1,80,000 tonnes of fertiliser.

The committee also approved a proposal of the Bangladesh Bridge Authority to pay 65 per cent of the payment in Bangladesh currency and the remaining 35 per cent in foreign currency (US dollar) to the Chinese service provider of the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Tunnel.

Earlier, the China Communications Construction Company Limited (CCCC) was appointed as the service provider at a cost of Tk 983.82 crore for a five-year tenure.

It will collect the toll from the tunnel user vehicles and also conduct its operation and maintenance work.

Under the new approval, the Chinese company will get annually Tk 656.98 crore (as 65 per cent of the payment) in local currency and $35.162 million (equivalent to Tk 326.83 crore) in US dollar.

Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal presided over the meeting virtually.

As per the approval, the Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation (BCIC) will import 90,000 tonnes of urea fertiliser in four equal lots while the Bangladesh Agricultural Development Corporation (BADC) will import 90,000 tonnes of MOP and DAP fertiliser in two lots.

In one lot, the BCIC will import 30,000 tonnes of bulk granular urea fertiliser from Fertiglobe Distribution Limited, UAE at a cost of Tk 189.28 crore with per tonne’s value at $594.67.

Some 60,000 tonnes of the same urea will be imported by the BCIC from SABIC Agri-nutrients Company of Saudi Arabia in two lots (each 30,000 tonnes) at the same rate and the total cost will be Tk 387.56 crore.

The BCIC will also import 30,000 tonnes of phosphoric acid from Sun International of FZE, the UAE (local agent RK Enterprise, Dhaka) at a contract value of Tk 215.14 crore.

The BADC, under the agriculture ministry, will import 50,000 tonnes of MOP fertiliser from Canada at a cost of Tk 416.64 crore with per tonne price of $821.

It will import 40,000 tonnes of DAP from Saudi Arabia at a cost of Tk 308.78 crore with per tonne price of $826.50.

The committee gave nod to a proposal of the Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) to award a Tk 102.61 crore civil work contract to Ideal Electrical Enterprise Ltd, under Bangladesh Power Distribution System Improvement, Mymensingh zone project.

UNB . Dhaka




আরো






© All rights reserved © outlookbangla

Developer Design Host BD